Putting our Operators first
Prima Networks Limited (hereinafter referred to as “PNL”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) are strongly committed to protecting the privacy and security of the data you provide to us and the information we collect in the course of operating our business and providing legal services. This policy is an overview of how PNL may collect, use, store and share personal data that has been provided to us. This policy provides information about the measures we have in place to protect and safely store the data we collect, and your choices and rights in respect of the data we hold about you.
‘Personal data’ is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person, and may include full name, date of birth, passport, driving licence or other photographic identity details, and contact details, including postal and email addresses.
2. Who we are
Under current data protection legislation, PNL is the data controller of the personal data that you provide to us, or which we obtain, through our relationship with you.
3. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process data about you that you voluntarily provide to us, including when you communicate with us via our website, email, post or telephone; when you submit an application for an employment position with us; and when you respond to our communications or requests for information.
4. Security of data
All information you provide to us for our use is stored on our secure servers which are located within the Isle of Man and Malta.
5. Uses made of the information
We will only use and share the information held about you in the following ways:
- To respond to your enquiries;
- To provide you with information or services that you request;
- To maintain our list of contacts;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To provide you with fee estimates for legal work;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- as authorised by you; and
- as required by law, and, where we believe, is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with our legal obligations.
6. How long we keep your personalised information for
We will retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the information. The length of retention is determined by a number of factors, such as, the type of data, the purpose for which we use that data and our legal and regulatory obligations attached to the use of your personal data.
7. Disclosure of your information to third parties
We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties in order to comply with legal obligations to which PNL is subject. For example, undertaking client due diligence and background checks (also known as “KYC” checks) as well as all other anti-money laundering or other legal obligations that are in force from time to time.
8. Your rights to access personal information
You have a number of rights in relation to the information we hold about you. These rights include:
- the right to access information we hold about you. If you wish to see the data processed about you by PNL, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- the right to rectification of your information if such information is incomplete or inaccurate.
- the right of erasure of your data. However, please note, we may continue to retain your information if we have a legitimate reason or a legal obligation to retain it.
- the right to receive personal data you provide to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this data to another controller, without hindrance from us.
- the right at any time to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information. Please note, if you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal data before you withdraw your consent is still lawful.
- the right to object or restrict our processing of your information. Please note, there may be situations when this right will not apply, and PNL is still entitled to continue processing your information.
We take the privacy and security of all the data we hold very seriously. In the event that you wish to make a complaint or have any concerns about how your personal data is being processed, then please email your complaint/concern to email@example.com If you do not get a response from us within 30 (thirty) days, you can contact the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner in Malta
Sliema SLM 1549
Tel: (+356) 2328 7100
more about …
Incorporated in Malta, we license software and provide services to operators across all European regulated online gaming markets.
We offer industry-leading online casino, poker and bingo software products, which are multi-language and multi-currency compatible.